This match was played at Corbridge on Tuesday April 5th with the following line-up:
- Peter Crichton (141) v Roy Bagnall (163)
- Derek Blair (127) v Geoff Harrison (136)
- Dave Foster jr (74) v John France (137)
- Steve Larkin (109) v Martin Beardsley (121)
- Bruce Reed (110) v Brian Ord (91)
Peter and Derek both had creditable draws, Derek trying hard but in vain for the win which would have levelled the match. Dave, who was a very late replacement for the non-appearing Alex, put up stout resistance against a much stronger player. Steve’s game was a disaster at the outset, followed by prolonged but futile resistance. Bruce had a nice win, with multiple pieces combining neatly to bamboozle Brian.
So overall, yet another 3-2 defeat. And with Forest Hall Chieftains smashing Tynemouth C, the relegation of the Reivers to division 3 is confirmed.